Friday, July 11, 2014

Day 2 in Amsterdam was a museum day.  After breakfast at the hotel we walked over to the RIJKSMUSEUM.  Since we had purchased a "museum pass" yesterday we were able to get right into all three of the museums we wanted to view today.  We only spent the morning there so we only got to take in the lowest of the four levels, it's a massive place.  Basically the RIJKS holds the history of the nation.  Got on the tram for a lunch downtown at an open air restaurant.  In the afternoon we did the Amsterdam museum followed by another power nap back at the hotel.  In the evening we all went to an Indonesian restaurant, for me a new experience.  The last museum was the Van Gogh museum.  I bet art people could really go for that tour, me not so much.

1 comment:

Richard Shelmerdine said...

I love Indonesian food; I especially remember some delicious peanut satay standing out!